1998 Teams

News, results and banter from the OYSL, CSL, SRSL and beyond...

Re: 1998 - U13 Teams

Postby play2win on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:35 am

Dfence5 wrote:Richmond Hill also beat Javanon FC, who are ranked 24th in the USA.
Congrats to them on winning the Elite division in the tournament.

London also made the finals of the Premier division in the tournament, narrowly losing to BSA Celtic 1-0, who are ranked 23rd in the Central division of the US Rankings.

Congrats to both teams to representing Ontario and Canada in a remarkable fashion!

I also noticed that East York and London played in the semi finals with London winning that game 1-0.

All around a good turnout for Canadian Teams
play2win

Postby play2win on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 am

Martin wrote:D5.........be careful believing all this US ranking stuff. There are a number of ranking facilities south of the border, and here is one of them:

http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/r ... e=&Search=

Those are the rankings I went by when I saw FC Alliance at 83.

This site had Javanon at 368 nationally.
play2win

Postby Bluechip on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:44 pm

The boys from Whitby were also down in Ohio this passed week-end at the Nike Challenge Cup.

Congratulations to players and coaches for coming away as Champions of their division!!

Great job boys you made Whitby proud.
Bluechip

Postby Score25 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Bluechip:

The U13 boys from Whitby also came away as champions of their division. All in all a great showing for the Canadian teams.
Score25

Postby mattyv on Fri May 04, 2012 4:54 am

Bluechip wrote:The boys from Whitby were also down in Ohio this passed week-end at the Nike Challenge Cup.

Congratulations to players and coaches for coming away as Champions of their division!!

Great job boys you made Whitby proud.

Good job guys! Way to go coach Bluechip!

Here is the link:

http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/e ... pID=218256

Hilliard FC rank 1135
Kings SA rank 991
Ohio FC rank 1111
Cincinatti Utd rank 1907

The younger 99 Whitby boys will certainly be a force this season having strengthened considerably from a 0.50 team @ U12 in level 3. I would be surprised if they aren't whitby's first top flight team and amongst the provincial contenders.
mattyv

Postby Score25 on Fri May 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Have to agree with you. The Whitby club faired well last weekend with two divisional championchips. Both the 99 and 98 teams have gone through several player changes over the winter and it looks to have proven very positive. Both teams should fair much better this summer.
Score25

Postby quickleft on Tue May 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Does anyone know what the deadline is for picking-up/droping players in the OYSL? I`ve heard of at least 2 different dates.
quickleft

Postby Diezel on Tue May 08, 2012 3:40 pm

Good question. I have no idea but would be interested in knowing. What dates have you heard?
I wonder if it's the same as the CSL which is July 1st.
Diezel

Postby play2win on Wed May 09, 2012 9:08 am

I don't think there is a cut off in OYSL. You can register players right to the last game
play2win

Postby fimisile on Sun May 13, 2012 12:56 pm

The season has begun...at least for the OYSL teams. As a 1998 parent, I wish good luck to ALL the 1998 teams across all levels :)

I took in the NM v RH game yesterday...it was fun...full of excitement and passion. Ended as a tie but the edge goes to NM who played 10 men and still had the better chance of winning the game. Must confess that the card was a little harsh for the first game of the season but it is a good lesson to the NM boys that they have to rein in their behaviour or it will cost them points. RH seemed to have a few new players....new look RH for this season? A few of their trusted players over the years came off the bench or not at all. That was interesting. On the whole, I think RH must be happy they did not lose more points.

Our cross town team, the Falcons had a rough start though. NT took full advantage of the fact that there was wholesale change during the off season for the Falcons. Hope they get their act together sometime soon. Too proud a history for that team to get drubbed the whole season. It may take a few games to gel but good luck to them.

From what I hear, WT are the beneficiaries of the Falcons exodus. I didn't see this game but the scoreline suggests that they overran Dixie....although it appears the tidal wave hit in the 2nd half. Did Dixie have conditioning issues? Welcome thoughts from anyone who saw the game.

Brampton seems like the team to beat this season. They have good bench strength and, from my past observation, their coach does the best job of rotating his players - ensuring freshness during games and the total participation of all players - which is a great incentive for any player sitting on that bench.

Barrie is depleted and they don't have a great pool to pick from - so I will be rooting for them - they are the Wigan of 1998 soccer. :)

Which leads me to the EPL.....fantastic end to the season! |Congrats, City!

Good luck to my team (the real blues) as they go on to clinch the Champions League Cup and keep the dogspurs out of this tournament...ha ha!!
fimisile

Postby spursfan4me on Sun May 13, 2012 1:42 pm

fimisile wrote:The season has begun...at least for the OYSL teams. As a 1998 parent, I wish good luck to ALL the 1998 teams across all levels :)

I took in the NM v RH game yesterday...it was fun...full of excitement and passion. Ended as a tie but the edge goes to NM who played 10 men and still had the better chance of winning the game. Must confess that the card was a little harsh for the first game of the season but it is a good lesson to the NM boys that they have to rein in their behaviour or it will cost them points. RH seemed to have a few new players....new look RH for this season? A few of their trusted players over the years came off the bench or not at all. That was interesting. On the whole, I think RH must be happy they did not lose more points.

Our cross town team, the Falcons had a rough start though. NT took full advantage of the fact that there was wholesale change during the off season for the Falcons. Hope they get their act together sometime soon. Too proud a history for that team to get drubbed the whole season. It may take a few games to gel but good luck to them.

From what I hear, WT are the beneficiaries of the Falcons exodus. I didn't see this game but the scoreline suggests that they overran Dixie....although it appears the tidal wave hit in the 2nd half. Did Dixie have conditioning issues? Welcome thoughts from anyone who saw the game.

Brampton seems like the team to beat this season. They have good bench strength and, from my past observation, their coach does the best job of rotating his players - ensuring freshness during games and the total participation of all players - which is a great incentive for any player sitting on that bench.

Barrie is depleted and they don't have a great pool to pick from - so I will be rooting for them - they are the Wigan of 1998 soccer. :)

Which leads me to the EPL.....fantastic end to the season! |Congrats, City!

Good luck to my team (the real blues) as they go on to clinch the Champions League Cup and keep the dogspurs out of this tournament...ha ha!!

Dogspurs,Chelsea has cheated their way in the EPL,overspent what they should have and put their team on the verge of Bankruptcy,Spurs are the 11th place team as far as Revenue generating goes and they have finished 4th 5th and 4th last 3 years.
They have only a 36,000 seat capacity and still beat chelscum!!Go Bayern!!
spursfan4me

Postby Martin on Mon May 14, 2012 2:47 am

Guys, there are threads already in place for the Premiership and for the Champions League. If you can be adults about it take your discussion there. This is not the place for it.
Martin
ex-Grumpy Old Man I
ex-Grumpy Old Man I

Postby manimal on Mon May 14, 2012 6:56 am

Looks like this forum will primarily be an OYSL forum as most of the discussions will be about those teams but what about the other divisions is each league. To open this up for the rest of the divisions, who will be the teams to beat. Not who ‘s going to come out on top but the teams to beat to come out on top. Any thoughts?
manimal

Postby fimisile on Mon May 14, 2012 7:08 am

Martin,

Please take a chill pill. What's so terrible about adding a line about EPL after commenting on 1998 soccer? Are you expecting that I would break up one contribution and head to another thread to continue?? This forum is or should be organic and not a straitjacket! Thanks.
fimisile

Postby Diezel on Mon May 14, 2012 10:18 am

According to the OYSL website, it appears that some teams will start dropping coins into the OYSL Fine Fund. As of now, several teams have yet to confirm results of the opening weekend games. However since I am a newbie here, this post will likely be released in 2 days and thus make a liar out of me. :D There was a good turnout on opening day and based on what I saw, this season will be an exciting one.
Diezel

PreviousNext

Return to Boys Soccer: U16 (1998)